Who we are:
Name: Euro Languages College
Address: 48 Lower Salthill, Galway, H91 X856
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 091 502542 / 01 2784448
Where do we process personal data:
We process personal data in Ireland only.
Where do we store your personal information:
- All information you provide to us is stored on a secure external server (cloud).
- All payments are provided through a trusted payment service provider (Realex). Please see their terms and conditions for further information on the way they treat your payment details.
- If you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
What we do with the data we obtain:
- Internal record keeping.
- For use on the courses whilst the student is in our care.
- We may use the information to improve our courses.
- We may periodically send promotional emails/texts/post about our courses or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or post. You can unsubscribe to this at any time by contacting email@example.com.
What we do not do:
- Data is not shared with third party organisations.
- ELC does not use any automated decision making or profiling.
Data Retention period:
If you ever booked a course with us this is the data on students that is deleted in the autumn after the summer courses are over:
- Date of Birth
- Postal address
- Religion & whether or not the student had to attend mass
- Any learning difficulties
- Year at school and expected year of Junior Cert or Leaving Cert
- Health insurance details and any medical details/history provided
- Dietary requirements
- Whether or not the student was permitted to go swimming
- Any other ‘special request’ info e.g. to share dorm with a friend
- Emergency Contact Person’s name and their contact details
We try to retain the least amount of data required but if you ever booked a course with us this is the data on students that is retained after the summer courses are over:
- Student first and last name
- Course attended and school attended
- Student Progress Report (for your convenience you can view this any time in the future)
If you ever booked a course with us (or even if you never booked a course) this is the data on parents/guardians that is retained after the summer courses are over:
- First and last name
- Postal address
- Any contact numbers provided
- Your email address
- Records of any payment made to ELC (amounts & dates but not card details)
You have the following rights in respect to the personal data that ELC retains.
Please contact us at the address above to exercise any of these rights:
The right of access:
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data. You can also be provided with information on how that personal data is processed by us.
The right to rectification:
You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object:
You have the right to object to direct marketing.
The right to erasure:
Users have the right (under certain circumstances) to have their data erased or removed.
The right to complain:
If you feel that Euro Languages College has not fulfilled its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation, then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can withdraw your consent:
You can object to our processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are Cookies?
Cookies allow our website to respond to you as an individual. A Cookie is a small text file that can be placed and stored on a user’s computer or device by a website the user has visited, and can serve a number of purposes. By using Cookies, our website can tailor its operations to your needs by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies allow you to navigate between pages, they help our website to recognise your device the next time you visit it, and may ‘remember’ your actions or preferences over a period of time. Cookies may also contain data related to the function or delivery of the website. Cookies generally improve your user experience and make our website work more efficiently.
You can accept or decline Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the ELC services or websites you visit. Cookies cannot harm your computer, and those used on this website do not store any personally identifiable information (such as your name). In the instances in which the installation of Cookies is based on consent, such consent can be withdrawn at any time by changing your browser settings.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies: Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Preference Cookies: These cookies remember the choices you make to improve your experience. Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Marketing: These Cookies are used to deliver adverts which are more relevant to you and your interests, to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
Third party cookies
In addition to our own cookies, we work with third party services that may also set cookies when you visit our website. These are generally statistic cookies that help Euro Languages College understand how visitors interact with the website by collecting and reporting information anonymously. We at ELC use the following:
Google Analytics: This helps us see how visitors use our website. For example, we can see how long visitors spend on our website, the number of times a user has visited the website as well as the dates and times of said visits. It also throttles the speed of requests to the server. These Cookies register the visitor with a unique ID that is then used to generate statistical data on how they see the website, and is used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. No personally identifiable information is stored.
Facebook: This is for marketing purposes. These Cookies are used to deliver advertisement products such as real time bidding.
Changes to this Statement
Euro Languages College will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how ELC is protecting your information.
Euro Languages College welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact us at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.